To our Vitality family,
Things have been dramatically changing over the last few weeks and it is our commitment to keep serving and providing a safe environment where anyone can come to make sure their spine is functioning and healthy. We will be open normal hours as we were deemed essential by the state of Washington.
We have increased sanitation in numerous ways to ensure that we are acting responsibly, in accordance with the CDC. Here are just a few of the steps we have taken:
- The door leading to the front desk will now remain open so patients can keep their hands free of contact with other patients.
- All pens are constantly being sanitized, along with chiropractic tables and other surfaces that see regular contact.
- Waiting room chairs have been removed to ensure distance between each patient.
- Masks and gloves are made available at the front desk.
- Distancing appointment times so that there are never too many people in tight quarters.
Here are a couple of the reasons chiropractic care has been deemed essential and will remain open during this time:
- If Chiropractic adjustments help regulate the nervous system, and the nervous system controls the immune system, then chiropractic adjustments will help to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Here is some research to affirm this: In 1989 “Ronald Pero, Ph.D., chief of cancer prevention and research at New York’s Preventative Medicine Institute as well as a professor of medicine at New York University” followed up that discovery. He found over a three year study, looking at the immune system of the following patient types: People receiving chiropractic care, some having cancer and additional terminal illnesses, and the general public not under chiropractic care: patients under chiropractic care for 5 years had a 200% boosted immune system compared to those who were not under chiropractic treatment and 400% when compared to individuals with cancer who did not receive care.“Pero R.” “Medical Researcher Excited By CBSRF Project Results.” The Chiropractic Journal, August 1989; 32.
- Low back pain is the number one cause of disability worldwide. These people often end up in hospitals, which are currently at maximum capacity, and it is our duty to help those hospitals from being overwhelmed.
Additional info on how to stay healthy during this time:
- Remove processed foods and sugar out of your life. These are known to deplete your immune system and increase inflammation in the body.
- Get plenty of rest/drink plenty of water. Cells depleted of water can’t function like they are designed; you are recommended to drink half your body weight in ounces. Rest repairs and restores your cells. 7 hours minimum and research also shows getting pre-midnight sleep is crucial.
- Consult your provider about supplementation with potassium. A new study has shown a late majority of the patients that have died from COVID-19 have been hypokalemic (deficient in potassium). The study shows supplementation with potassium not only helps prevent COVID-19 but also helps with recovery.
- Consider other known immune boosting supplements such as Vitamin D, (you should be taking this anyway, living in Seattle) Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Zinc. Also, a good organic: LOCAL raw honey. Honey is known to have antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that help fight viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- Get OUTSIDE. You can maintain the 6-foot distance rule, of course, but the virus is completely susceptible to UV rays and cannot travel well through open air. Do not get caught up in your home for days on end, this is a sure way to weaken your immune system
- EXERCISE. I don’t need to post research on why exercise is good for your immune system. It is known that exercise releases endorphins which make you feel happiness. The world needs happy, non-panicking people at this time.
If you feel any of the following symptoms, please do not come to your appointment:
- Dry cough/Respiratory issues
- Shortness of breath
- Extreme fatigue
For our elderly or immunocompromised patients - we would encourage even more awareness of all of these things. If any of you would like to schedule an appointment to consult with either of the doctors so that, should an appointment be necessary, we can ensure there are no other patients which you would make contact with.
We assure you that we will get through this time together. We are committed to maintaining a safe and clean environment for you to visit, so we can continue promoting health and wellness.
Your Vitality Specific Chiropractic Team